The Footscray Maker Lab has recently been created to provide physical space to nurture a community of makers, designers, producers and creative people in the area in and surrounding Melbourne’s West.
We are running “get involved info sessions” over the next few months and invite you to join us:
- want to meet other creative designers and fabricators,
- want to collaborate with others in shared projects,
- want to learn how to design, prototype and build new products,
- want to explore the frontiers in the integration of different technologies,
- want to become a ‘garbage warrior’ and re-purpose ‘trash’ into new useful products,
- want to share skills, ideas and resources with like-minded others,
- consider using a global design commons to create local value,
- or just have an idea for a new design you want to share with others…
Come and find out about becoming a member. The FM_Lab will be looking for a handful of people to be part of a co-design process. Users get a discounted monthly membership rate ($75), in exchange for your co-design inspiration, creativity and suggestions on making the Lab great.
MAKE SOMETHING? BRING IT! We would also love to see any projects you may be working on or pieces you have made. If you have something you would like to share please get in touch with us (if it is large) or just bring it along as a surprise. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Hope to see you at 41 Robbs Rd. West Footscray